What we'll do
Drive a 4WD around beautiful Fraser Island over 3 days with a fun group and awesome guides!
This adventure with the Drop Bear Adventures crew will provide you with the most magical 3 days you could possibly spend on K’gari (Fraser Island). Over 3 days, you'll get to swim in the island's famous crystal clear freshwater of Lake Mackenzie, try to spot Humpback Whales from Indian Head, wander through magical rainforests at Central Station, learn how to throw a Boomerang and play a Didgeridoo, and most importantly, get off-road and drive a 4WD around the island's less-travelled tracks. You'll drive through towering rainforests, endless golden beaches and Aussie bush.
On this trip you'll camp under the stars, so you can see the island’s magic up close. But this isn't any regular camping! You'll have quality camping gear, great tents, super fresh yummy food and camps equipped with showers, fresh water and big cooler boxes to keep your beers. You'll learn about the local Aboriginal people, hear their stories and discover why this place is so special to them.
Let Mumma and Poppa Bear look after you - book you Fraser Island 3 Day Adventure today!
What to know
Tour days: Departs Mondays and Fridays
- Price includes:
- 3 day guided tour
- 2 nights camping (private glamping upgrade available)
- Experienced and knowledgeable guide
- All meals (3 lunches, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners plus snacks)
- Guided bushwalks
- National Park fees
- Off-road 4WD experience (with minimum risk)
- Didgeridoo demonstration & Sunset Boomerang sessions
- Hostel/hotel pick-up
Language: Tour is given in easy to understand English.
Perfect for: Solo travellers, couples or small groups. You'll be in a fun and friendly group consisting of mostly international travellers with some locals.
Group size: Up to 30 people
Age range: This tour attracts a mix of travellers, with most being in their 20s and 30s. More mature guests are always welcome though!
Open Date bookings: must be confirmed at least 7 days in advance.
About your guides
Drop Bear Adventures is locally-owned and 110% passionately operated by Fraser Islanders Mumma & Poppa Bear, or Hana & Mark as they were once known. They are passionate about showing K'Gari, or Fraser Island, to guests from all over the world, and their expert team of guides and camp volunteers are just as crazy about this beautiful part of Australia. No joke, these guys are the most eco-friendly operators around, and regularly get involved in conservation projects on the island.
Drop Bear Adventures are the top-rated Fraser Island operator on TripAdvisor, wit thousands of 5-star reviews. They have won numerous awards for their tours and took home the award for THE #1 TOUR IN AUSTRALIA at the 2018 Adventure Travel Awards.
- 6:15 am - 6:40 am: Pick up from Noosa accommodation
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am: Arrive at Rainbow Beach and transfer to boat to Fraser Island
- 11:30 pm: Arrive at the Wilderness Camp on Fraser Island & have lunch
- 2:00 pm: Explore the island’s lakes and beaches
- 6:00 pm: Freshen up ready for dinner (or crack open a beer)
- 7:00 pm: Enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ
- 8:00 pm: Sit around the campfire, play the didgeridoo, eat marshmallows and have fun
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am: Have breakfast and pack up your belongings
- 8:00 am: Leave the Wilderness Camp and explore the island’s lakes, beaches and hidden treasures
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 2:00 pm: Discover more lakes and epic views
- 5:30 pm: Get back to the Wilderness Camp
- 7:00 pm: Dinner time!
- 8:00 pm: Play the guitar, watch the sunset and have a go at Giant Jenga
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am: Have breakfast and pack up your belongings
- 8:00 am: Hit the inland tracks, discovering towering trees and have a swim
- 11:30 pm: Lunch
- 2:00 pm: Start heading back to the mainland
- 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Arrive back at Rainbow Beach
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm: Arrive back in Noosa
What should I bring? A small backpack, sunglasses, hat, swimwear, warm jumper and a raincoat (for winter), water bottle, beach towel, sunscreen, insect repellent (November to March), camera, power bank (limited charging points at the hostel). Don't forget your sense of fun and adventure! You're welcome to bring alcohol or snacks (there are shops on the island, but they are very expensive). No need to bring a sleeping bag or other camping equipment, this is all provided.
Where do we start and finish? You can start and finish your tour in either Noosa or Rainbow Beach, with courtesy pick-up from a range of hostels. Contact us after booking to confirm your pick-up location.
How long does the tour go for? Tour departs on Day 1 from 6:15 to 6:45 am from Noosa and from 9:00 to 9:30 am from Rainbow Beach. Tours return on Day 3 to Rainbow Beach by 3:00 to 3:30 pm and to Noosa by approximately 6:00 pm.
What days does the tour operate? Tours depart on Mondays and Fridays, returning on Wednesdays and Sundays respectively.
What meals are included? All meals are included - 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners plus snacks.
Do you cater for specific diets? The tour can cater for a range of dietary requirements, as well as medical conditions/food allergies. Please contact us when booking if you have any specific dietary needs.
Can I bring alcohol? Yes, you're welcome to BYO (bring your own). You can also purchase some alcohol on the island but it is more expensive. Please avoid bringing anything in glass as this can break on the journey up to the island.
Who can come? Everyone is welcome on this tour! While most travellers are in the 20s and 30s, all ages are welcome and there are regularly a few older guests. Travellers must be over 15 years of age, and if under 18, need to travel with legal guardians.
How many people in the tents? The tents are 3-person tents, but you'll only have 2 people in them, to guarantee maximum comfort. You can request a tent to yourself if you are a solo traveller but this can’t always be guaranteed. If you wish to have a little more privacy then upgrade to the Queen Glamping option for an extra $100 (minimum 2 people). This will give you a larger 4-person tent and has a real double bed inside it, with hotel linens. This upgrade is subject to availability (please message us before booking).
Who can drive the 4WD? To drive one of the 4WDs you must be on your full or open drivers licence, over 21 and passed your driving test more than 12 months ago. You must bring a physical copy of your drivers licence with you.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days before the activity starts will incur a $50 fee.
- Cancellations made between 2 and 7 days before the activity starts will receive a 50% refund.
- No cancellations can be made within 2 days of the activity.