What we'll do
Strap yourself in for possibly the best day tour you'll do in Australia!
Sean's Hunter Valley day trip has quickly established itself as the best way to sample the delicious wines of this region. Your day starts at Manly, where you'll meet your fun and friendly guide Sean. Loading into his van, you'll quickly get to know your fellow travellers as you head north to the Hunter Valley. Once in this famous wine region, you'll visit up to 5 different award-winning wineries, each with their own unique wines. You'll learn so much about Australian wine, and sample top-rated Shiraz, Cab Sav, Merlot, Tempranillo, Chardonnay, Verdelho, Semillon wines and more!
Your day also includes the biggest gourmet cheese platter you've ever seen. Sean (or "Cheese Daddy") will provide over 20 different kinds of cheese for you to try, expertly paired with your wine samples. At some point throughout the day, you'll also get to do a bit of wild kangaroo spotting.
A full day of wine tasting, cheese sampling and kangaroo spotting. Seriously, what are you waiting for?!
What to know
Tour days: Weekdays only (check calendar for availability)
- 12+ hour guided activity
- 4 - 5 winery visits and all wine samples
- Gourmet cheese platter
- Air-conditioned transport
Language: Tour is given in easy to understand English.
Perfect for: Solo travellers, couples or small groups. You'll be in a fun and friendly group consisting of locals and travellers.
Group size: Up to 7 people
Age range: Most participants are in their 20s, 30s and 40s but everyone is welcome - provided you're over 18!
Open Date bookings: must be confirmed at least 7 days in advance.
About your guides
- Sean grew up in Sydney and was first introduced to the Hunter Valley by his mother when he was just a wee lad. She drove him around the endless green hills and let him walk the vineyards, climb the hills and enjoy the fresh air.
- Just over 2 years ago, Sean started showing friends and visitors around the region. Over that time has built relationships with a range of winery owners and managers, and his reputation in the area is legendary.
- When Sean is not leading Hunter Valley wine tours, you can find him chilling out in Manly, or DJing at weddings and kids parties.
Frequently asked questions
What should I bring? Wallet, sunscreen, phone or camera, comfortable clothing and footwear. We recommend bringing some cash as well as a credit card for wine purchases and lunch. Bring a rain jacket or umbrella if there's wet weather on the day.
Is lunch included? Lunch is not included on this tour, but there is a wide range of options available, including Japanese, Vegetarian, Fish Tacos, Thai, Prawns, Avocado Salad, Oysters and Cheese and more.
Where do we start? You'll meet Sean at the Gloria Jean's cafe at Manly ferry wharf. Click here for the Google map link.
Where do we finish? Manly ferry wharf, where you started.
When do we start and finish? The tour starts at 8:30 am and finishes at approximately 8:30 pm.
What days does the tour operate? Tours operate on weekdays only and vary week to week. Check the calendar for availability.
Are private tours available? Yes! Private tours are available. Please contact us for more information.
Who can come? All guests must be over 18 years old.
I don't like drinking. That wasn't really a question, was it? Maybe a wine tour isn't for you then, this day trip includes a lot of wine! Hit us up for a Hunter Valley day trip recommendation with less drinking if you'd like.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or more before the activity starts will receive a full refund.
- No cancellations can be made within 48 hours of the activity.